Tuesday, October 7, 2014


  Crossed off the Bucket List.The GrandCanyon

The Summer I did something I always wanted to do. It had been a dream of mine for many years. I'm sure you guessed it. I Hiked the Grand Canyon. Some people dream about diamonds or winning lotto. I mean, I dream about those things too however the Canyon was more attainable. The Grand Canyon is located in the United States of America and it's about a billion years old. How do you comprehend a billion years? I still cant! All I know is that it was magnificent to look at.  It's in the state of Arizona, which was carved by the Colorado River.
Talk about exciting, hiking the Canyon was one of the most exhilarating things I had ever done in my life, besides having my first orgasm. As I overlooked the Canyon from the South Rim. I was in complete awe.  Now hiking it was a different story.When you hike the Canyon it takes two days to get all the way to the bottom and back.
That is the reason the Rangers suggest you camp overnight. My boyfriend and I choose to hike halfway down. Which is about six  long miles down. While we hiked down we laughed, talked and enjoyed the sights. Now returning was the opposite. We argued, screamed and kept stopping to rest. My boyfriend screamed " I can't feel my legs anymore". The difference between him and I was that I did train a month before we left for the Canyon. I walked six miles four times a week to prepare myself and it was rough for me. My boyfriend said that he didn't need to train. Ha Ha! He learned a valuable lesson.  Some men you can't tell them anything.

Nevertheless, we had a great time the three nights we spent at the Grand Canyon. Everyday we discovered something new.

If you are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon make sure you budget your money. Try to book your Hotel accommodations far in advance. Hotels sale out fast and can get a little expensive. If you run out of money however there is a Chase Bank in the Canyon.  So make sure you bring your ATM card. We had a lot of fun and met people from all over the world. My visit to the Grand Canyon was worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment